The circular economy is broken.
A lack of integration, trust, and transparency has brought the cycle to a halt. Companies looking to solve their ESG problems are faced with a maze of vendors and producers, as well as a constant struggle for funding to drive their sustainability programs to scale.
Our ESG Value Webs offer a solution.
Engaging All Contributors as True Participants
At DevvESG, we create digital assets, new economic models, and trusted markets using an innovative approach we call the DevvESG Value WebTM. We apply this model to address our customers' most significant challenges involving carbon, plastics, methane, social impact, energy, and more.
Plastics: a Value Web example
Notes on the video:
- Our partner Oceans Integrity (RIO) captures and removes plastics from our oceans/waterways, employing indigenous local inhabitants. Local folks are also employed to manage processing facilities (funded by proceeds gained through sales of plastic offsets/credits or plastic materials).
- The processing facilities create aggregate used to build roads and buildings, which addresses social needs and injects needed economic value into the surrounding communities.
- Another Value Web partner purchases the higher-grade plastics (HDPE) from RIO. This partner uses funds from plastic and carbon credits and—with the combination of biomaterials—manufactures plastic shipping pallets to replace wooden pallets at massive scale.
- This in turn creates positive impact on deforestation, creating opportunities for carbon sequestering/carbon credit creation to fund growth in capacity and/or other projects in the Value WebTM that improve sustainability, biodiversity, environmental impact, and address challenges faced by society in general.
Capture, Create, Certify, Curate & Convert
DevvESG curates networks of integrated solution producers into closed-loop flywheels that solve real problems with sustainable impact.
Determination of which project (SDG) delivers verifiable impact and why
The first step is to triage the program or project in order to assess opportunities and mitigate risk. Initiative sizing and impact scoring may be accomplished via our flexible Impact Score toolsets for prioritizing projects, producers, and economic outcomes.
Project management, development, and data collection/dissemination
This stage involves an event-enabled workflow and communication master tool for linking and creating interdependencies, recommending / connecting verifiers, and leveraging programmatic (codified) methodologies (MRVs) and overall management of all projects. Data is disseminated to relevant stakeholders, and overall milestones and achievements are set and monitored for achievement. In addition to the environmental impact, digital assets and other economic outcomes as well as entries to registries are yielded from this tool set.
Certification of digital assets against selected methodologies
Generation of verified digital assets occurs using transparent, compliant tokenization (NFT) protocols. Our digital marketplace (GlassBlock, found at www.glassblock.io) provides the user experience for trading and or acquisition of digital assets. This is accomplished in concert with appropriate / compliant methodologies and commonly accepted practices.
Registration of digital assets
Maintaining digital twins for ESG assets registered in open registries can offer trusted and secure protocols for the tracking, trading / sales, and retirement of digital assets via a distributed blockchain ledger. The concept of greenwashing is dramatically reduced (if not eliminated) due to time-sequenced recording of events and transactions.
Sell, buy, and retire assets
This step offers a straightforward path to liquidation. Relevant data—including its complete provenance—is recorded and fully transparent, allowing stakeholders to conduct audits as needed.
- Web3 can help address climate change, plastics pollution and nature loss.
- Web3 technologies deliver the following benefits:
- Trust: Full data provenance and authenticated chain of custody, which reduces greenwashing.
- Transparency: This increases stakeholder trust and establishes governance frameworks.
- Simplicity: RESTful API + decentralized peer-to-peer interactions reduce complexity.
- Value WebTM: Participation, collaboration, and shared value.
- Current solutions may underrepresent data and could lead to greenwashing.